- VMX-pi Circuit Board (rev. 5.35 or higher)
- PC with USB 2.0 port running Windows 7 or greater.
- Micro-USB Cable
- Download the VMX-pi Tools for Windows latest build.
- Unpack the contents of the vmx-pi.zip file and run the setup.exe program, which will install the tools as well as all necessary device drivers for communicating over USB with the VMX-pi, as well as some additional tools. In addition, the setup program will install the latest firmware at the following location:
For example, if your user name is Robot, the directory name will be C:\Users\Robot\vmx-pi\firmware.
- Within that directory, the firmware file will be named using this pattern:
(X = Major Version Number Y = Minor Version Number Z = Revision Number)
- Press and hold down the “CAL” button on the VMX-pi circuit board. While holding this button down, connect a USB-micro cable from a Windows PC to the VMX-pi circuit board. Use the micro-usb connector immediately to the left of the VMX-pi power connector. Applying power when the “CAL” button is held down places the board into “bootloader” mode, at which point the firmware can be loaded.
- From your Start Menu, select “Kauai Labs” and then click on the VMXFirmwareUpdater menu item, and follow the directions included in the program.
- Once you have downloaded the firmware, you can use the “Currently-loaded Firmware Version” tab of the VMXFirmwareUpdater to verify the version number you have just installed.